Archive for August, 2017
It’s hard to resist the sweet, smushy faces of English Bulldogs for sale in Ohio, especially puppies!
The English bulldog is exactly what it sounds like, a squat, powerful breed originating from the British Isles. While they have moved from a working past to a lovable family companion, the English bulldog continues to charm and “bully” its way into people’s hearts. Here at Petland Fairfield, we find that there are few people that can walk past an English bulldog puppy without completely melting! But there are so many more qualities to the bulldog that make them great pets for many types of families. We want to explore deeper into the personality and characteristics of the English bulldog in our newest blog.
The fun, but sometimes very snorty world of the English bulldog:
- The English bulldog has a very affectionate, gentle disposition. Stalwart and patient, the bulldog is a wonderful family pet and loving to most children. They are very people-oriented as a breed, and they will actively seek out the attention of their beloved owners.
- English bulldogs make fine apartment and small condo pets that do not require a yard. Typically low-endurance dogs, they need only a moderate amount of exercise.
- They thrive best in temperate climates because of their flat faces. They readily overheat and have breathing difficulties in hot weather, and they chill easily in cold temperatures. So keep them inside as much as possible in extreme weather!
- Their unusual noses also make them well known for snoring, snorting, sneezing and loud breathing, but that’s okay, we love them all the more for it!
- The come in several colors: red, white, brindle and pied with mixtures between them all. They can range between 45-85lb and have an average life span of 8-10 years since they are a large breed dog.
- Their coats are short and fine and require little upkeep besides a bath and brushing every now and then. However, their wrinkles must be cleaned out weekly to prevent skin infections and discoloration.
We hope that reading more about the English bulldog has made you fall even more in love with them! You’ve got more questions? Well, we’ve got the answers! Our knowledgeable Pet Counselors are on hand to help you figure out which of our English bulldogs for sale might be right for you and your family. Call us today or simply come by the store for live and in person puppy cuddles!
That’s right, people! Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies aren’t just made for the Queen, they can fit in anywhere!
Pembroke Welsh corgis are immediately identifiable by their short stature, prick ears and foxy face (with or without a queen included!). This quirky little breed originally hails from Wales, like their name implies and were herding dogs for farmers. With their fierce intelligence, eagerness to please and short little bodies, they made the ideal farm hand. While the Queen of England is credited for bring the Corgi into the mainstream of dog owning, the breed does a great job of stealing people’s hearts as a beloved family pet. Have you seen the Corgi, but aren’t sure if one might be right for your family? Read further in our blog to find out fun facts about the personality and characteristics of Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies!
While their names come from the Celtic language, meaning of “dwarf dog”, the Corgi makes up for it with fighting spirit:
- Pembroke Welsh Corgis are known for their quick intelligence and forceful will. They are active, animated dogs and do not ever want to be left out of the action. In their own minds, they are big dogs in small bodies.
- Corgis have weatherproof double coats that are short and smooth to the body. The color ranges from a rich red or fawn to black or sable with white markings. The blacks usually have white and tan to make them technically tri-colored in appearance.
- Because of their herding background, Corgis are a hearty, energetic breed. They require daily exercise and playtime to keep them happy and entertained.
- They typically weigh around 22-28lbs and have an average lifespan of 10-12 years.
- Most Corgis are fine with other pets and children if they have been raised with them. Beware that they will sometimes chase the heels of small running children because of their herding instincts!
- They need a firm and patient hand with training, because they can be willful. But we find treats help with any kind of puppy training!
Think that Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies might be right for you and your family? Well, check out all our adorable Corgi puppies on our available puppies page! You can also always give our Pet Counselors a call to make an appointment and get in some puppy kisses today!
If you’re searching for Chihuahuas for sale, look no further! Petland Fairfield has all the feisty Chihuahua puppies you can snuggle!
The Chihuahua breed is considered the smallest dog in the world, but you wouldn’t know it from their big personalities! And believe it or not, the Chihuahua wasn’t just popular from the fast food commercials of a few years ago, or the Legally Blonde movies. Chihuahuas are considered one of the oldest North American breeds still in existence and were actually considered sacred at one point in their histories, so they’ve been around the popularity block a time or two. Despite their many years in the spotlight, the ever saucy Chihuahua has some personality traits that might not go with every family. Because of their size, they need a lot of extra care and attention. Read further to find out more about this enchanting little breed! Want to see pictures of our precocious Chihuahuas for sale in Ohio, check our available puppies page!
Check out some of the characteristics and personality traits of the famous Chihuahua:
- Chihuahuas are considered the ultimate companion. They like attention from their owners and are very loyal. Even though because of their size they are considered lap dogs, they are active and like to be played with.
- They come in two distinct coats: shorthaired, which is considered the most popular, and longhaired. The longhaired version has soft, very fine hair that feathers off their legs and ears. Chihuahuas can come in any color combination and are considered the “snowflakes” of the dog world as each one is unique.
- The have an average size that varies from 4-10lbs. Despite being such an old breed, they have no inherent health problems and have an average life span of 15+ years.
- Chihuahuas are good family pets when treated respectfully, but they have a reputation for being wary or aggressive with strangers or small children who may be threatening to their diminutive size. They tend to bond with one person, so it is important for the family to share in taking care of the puppy.
- The Chihuahua is considered an excellent guard dog. They will bark and “defend their households” against threats, despite not being able to do much being so tiny!
The Chihuahua can be a wonderful pet for many different people! But this was just a small look into what makes the Chihuahua breed tick. So if you’ve got more questions about our Chihuahuas for sale, never hesitate to give our Pet Counselors a call! Or come in today and see all of our adorable puppies in person.